Jon became an associate attorney at Sanders • Pianowski, LLP in March 2014 and was promoted to Partner on January 1, 2017. He graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington, having earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Economic and Public Policy from the Kelley School of Business. He earned his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from the Saint Louis University School of Law.
During law school, Jon was a law clerk for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Illinois and a judicial extern for Magistrate Judge David C. Noce of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Also, while in law school, Jon served as a staff editor of the Saint Louis University Public Law Review, was a member of Moot Court, was elected to the Woolsack Honor Society, and received the Academic Excellence Award in Securities Regulations.
Jon is admitted to practice before the courts of the State of Indiana, and is also licensed to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Prior to joining Sanders • Pianowski, LLP, he was an associate attorney with a law firm in Elkhart, Indiana, where he gained significant experience counseling clients in business matters and litigating civil matters before federal, state, and administrative courts.
Jon is a member of the American Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association, Elkhart City Bar Association, and Robert A. Grant Inn of Court. As an active member of the Business Law and Young Lawyers Sections, he has authored and contributed to several publications:
- Contributing Author, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (ABA 2019 ed.)
- Contributing Author, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (ABA 2018 ed.)
- Contributing Author, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (ABA 2017 ed.)
- Contributing Author, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation-Securities Litigation (ABA 2016 ed.);
- Contributing Author, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (ABA 2015 ed.);
- Contributing Author, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (ABA 2014 ed.);
- Contributing Author, 2012 Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulations, 68 The Business Lawyer 839 (ABA 2013);
- DOJ/FTC Workshop: Antitrust Enforcement and Policy of “Most-Favored-Nation” Clauses, ABA Young Lawyers Division, Antitrust Law Committee Newsletter – Vol. 1, Issue 1 (Nov. 2012);
- Contributing Author, 2011 Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulations, 67 The Business Lawyer 633 (ABA 2012);
- Transferring Shares of Indiana Corporations as Inter Vivos Gifts, Ind. State Bar Ass’n Business Law Newsletter (Nov. 2011);
- Freezing the Federal Courthouse Doors Shut on Oppressed Shareholders of Indiana Corporations, Ind. State Bar Ass’n Business Law Newsletter (Oct. 2010); and
- Selling the Government Property Beneath a Religious Monument that Violates the Establishment Clause: Constitutional Remedy or Infringement?, 29 St. Louis U. Pub. L. Rev. 301 (2009).
Jon currently resides in South Bend with his wife Allison.